1981 18' Century Resorter
I have some questions:
To provide answers, please
- Q. Was this boat made in Michigan or Florida?
A. (Because of 1981 "date," I think it was made in Michigan. Also see these tags found in engine housing, 11/20/11 -- and and this one.)
- The boat has no ski tow ring atop the front seat back. Is this common?
- Is the upholstery stock? (I find no evidence of unused staple holes.)
- Is the steering device stock?
- How is the deck texture created. (I see a seam in the middle of the aft deck.)
- The horn "trumpets" slope down in front. Is this by design?
- How often should the transmission fluid be changed?
- How often do most owners change transmission fluid?
- Is there a ballast resistor in the ignition system?
- Was Edelbrock equipment commonly used on Centurys of the era? Or, was this a sort of "special edition" model?
- The (slightly used, good fabric) canvas cover has been repaired and washed. What is the best way to treat it? i.e., What's the best water-proofing product?
EMAIL Grant MacLaren
Ads are selected by Google.
Another pretty good web page by Grant MacLaren